IMAGINE... A CANCER TREATMENT THAT COULD KILL THE FULL RANGE OF CANCER CELLS WITHIN A TUMOR.
Not just the regular (somatic) cancer cells that most anti-cancer drugs seek to destroy, but also the cancer stem cells that cause tumors to regrow and which to date have proven impervious to drugs.
Imagine that we had the ability to do more than just prolong life or to delay the inevitable by a matter of months… but could provide a therapy that delivered long-term remission.
Imagine being able to face that therapy without wondering if the benefits were worth the cost of the debilitating side-effects.
THIS IS WHAT NOVOGEN IMAGINES. MORE IMPORTANTLY, NOVOGEN BELIEVES THAT IT HAS THE ABILITY TO CONVERT THAT IMAGINATION INTO REALITY.
Novogen has two breakthrough drug technologies designed to deliver a complementary one-two knockout blow against most forms of cancer.
The first technology is anti-tropomyosin drug panel designed to deliver highly selective chemical de-bulking of a tumor by targeting cancer somatic cells.
The second technology is our family of super-benzopyran drugs designed to destroy both cancer stem cells and residual somatic cancer cells.
SINCE BRINGING THESE NEW TECHNOLOGIES INTO NOVOGEN WE HAVE MOVED ON APACE AND NOW REALITY IS FIRMLY BUILDING UPON IMAGINATION.
When we merged with Triaxial Pharmaceuticals in December 2012, our ambition was to create drugs capable of selectively killing cancer cells. Triaxial technology has exceeded our imagination:
· Our first lead compound killed cancer stem cells as well as ‘regular’ cancer cells, at a low dose.
· We have now developed a large number of ‘hit’ compounds.
· We have the ability to tailor our drug design to meet specific needs.
· We have created five families of closely related SBP drugs targeting cancers with different genotypes, leading to the potential for a personalised chemotherapy set of treatments.
· Triaxial technology has also been used to make a new class of ATM drugs which selectively target the cancer cell cytoskeleton.
· We are conducting exhaustive tests to determine which ‘smart’ delivery system should be used with each drug.
We have also achieved extraordinary results against human-derived cancer stem cells in mice, where every other drug had failed.
AND MORE… WE ARE RANGING EVEN FURTHER AND WIDER INTO EXCITING NEW AREAS OF DEGENERATIVE DISEASE THAT AFFECT BOTH ADULTS AND CHILDREN
Our super-benzopyran (SBP) drug technology is now looking to be even more far-reaching.
We have set up a new collaboration with a world-leading partner, to accelerate the testing of our SBP drugs in both degenerative muscular disease and degenerative diseases of the nervous system.
This is an exciting new area to be taking forward and we aim to produce results that will greatly benefit both adults and children.